‘Ere We Go, ‘Ere We Go, ‘Ere We Go!
Another year has passed and it is time to wrap it up and move on!
Blogging as a platform is still on a downward curve as seen the last few years but interaction on the blog has actually improved. TBH I prefer the latter as it is much more rewarding than just high numbers. Truth be told I’m not a very active blogger anymore so this plays into it obviously. But I will continue with the fine blogger tradition of the yearly wrap up so here goes 🙂
Of the four goals only one actually was fulfilled in any sense and that was Nestorian Infestation with a whole host of new minis. The other goals kinda fell off the wayside as the year progressed. Luckily they where replaced by other minis so all in all it has been a surprisingly productive year. First though, lets take a look at the Nestorian Infestation stuff.
Even though some of these minis where built a few years back they where finished in 2020 😅
The Baron here was actually built and painted during hobby sessions with Wilhelminiatures, Revimakk and Nordic. Such an inspiring and great gang that the result speaks for itself I feel ❤️
The converted GUO into a nid build is without a doubt my most popular mini on social media and I totally get it because it is my personal fav too. I have no idea on how many hours it took to build and then paint. No matter, it was worth it!
If you want too see more minis of my Nestorian stuff keep an eye out on Instagram as I update more regulary there but here’s what’s in store for 2021;
Nestorian is going elite!
Now I didn’t just work on nestorian stuff in 2020. I actually did quite a lot!
It started with making a new chaos dwarf team for Blood Bowl. This is actually the third chaos dwarf team I’ve made for myself over the 14 years I’ve played BB. It is my fav team as it is the perfect blend of variation and bashing. Perfect!
Another cool thing I made was an undead warband consisting of a Liche leading Wight Kings and their minions. Fun stuff! So funny I even made som fitting terrain (note that I hate making terrain!).
This is a Warcry sized board using the fantastic bone trees from Wilhelminiatures! Haven’t been able to get a game in on it yet but covid and moving due to work is to blame there.
Speaking of Wilhelminiatures I also converted and painted two versions of his fantastic forest dweller minis.
I also really enjoyed converting his large forest dweller mini. What a treat and I can’t reccomend nor plug his range enough!
Doing random minis became quite the norm for 2020 as I made this Eldar War walker;
And this daemon beast;
Aaaaaand this version of a Blackstone Fortress character over the year.
You’d think it would stop there right? Well not exactly. As I even made a Mordheim type warband before the year rounded off.
So yeah. Not a bad year as far as productivity goes when it comes down to it right 😅
Other nerdy medias
As far as music, comics and literature I don’t really have any new stuff there to reccommend as I’m still just on the same stuff as last year 🙂
Setting goals with my approach to the hobby is almost entirely wasteful at this point. But instead I can do a guesstimate (I guess 😂):
Yeah. I think thats more than good enough. Let us hope 2021 is better than 2020 as far as the stuff that REALLY matters and not just the hobby stuff 🙂
Viscount Petr Blavaskoy..
Created a new character for Nestorian Infestation based around the excellent walking bonechair model from the Ossiarch Bonereapers range and the head from the Janus model in Wilhelminiatures range. Throw in a few bits and some greenstuff and hey presto – here (something) it is!
In short he is a minor noble in the Matriarchs court. Minor in status but not of confidence nor ambition. I will explore more of his followers as we move on.
And through the trees of the Dead…the Dead walk…
So I got a ton of Wilhelminiatures awesome bone trees and I just knew I had to make some Warcry sized terrain. Sadly I didn’t take any good WiPs but the build itself is simple as can be truth be told!
It is more rectangular than a square but it is more or less the same size. I used a fixed wooden board as the base and then glued those creepy heads on but the let the bone trees be loose. I then used pva glue and a mix of sand, dirt, dead gras, gravel etc as the texture for the board. The paintjob itself is like I paint all my bases just on a larger scale. Over to some mood pics.
Really pleased to say the least! The bone trees painted up really easy and the whole thing came together like I wanted to 😊
It even fits with inq28 figs!
So yeah. Long time no post but this wasn’t half bad was it 😂