Time sure flies by fast cause it is “that” time again!
A tad early to wrap up the year but I won’t have time to do more this year due to the holidays so better to take this now and start 2019 on a clean slate 🙂
2018 has been a special year for me and the family as we moved south of the polar circle and that naturally took a lot of time and money as these things normally do. Still, I managed to do quite a lot despite that!
I thought we’d start with looking back at the #Hobbyresolution2018″ I outlined at the start of the year and see how I fared;
Goal 1: Amid the Murk
I set out to recreate the iconic Realm of Chaos artwork and I actually did it!
Sure it isnt a 100% rendition, it is my take on it and that was always my goal. Very fun project and I am quite proud of my little Nurgle collection as it stands per now.
Goal 2:Reducing Impulse Buys
You know what, I actually did! Not only reducing the amount bought, I even sold off all my old armies. So I got more back than what I used which is baffling to say the least! Almost impossible to replicate this but still fun to actually succeed as I never thought I could do it!
Goal 3: Nestorian Infestation
We had a ton of stuff going on this year!
It started off with my INQ flyer;
It sure has been through the ringer!
Then we did the #nestorianinfestedpopulation where we asked people to supply us with NPCs for our games.
The result was awesome so be sure to check it out ❤️
I also painted up a ton of stuff for my end of the cult;
And I have a few left to give a lick of paint;
Goal 4: Age of Munda
Well the hot streak had to end right..
I have all my notes and stuff ready but alas you will all have to wait for 2019 before 3.0 is out. Sorry for the delay!
Goal 5: WHQ Hammerhal
New streak on the go..nothing here neither but with blackstone Fortress out and still being a huge WHQ mark there will be a lot more WHQ in 2019 at least!
Goal 6: Continue contributing to the INQ community
Finally, the failure streak is broken! I still moderate and are active in the INQ social media groups and I even managed to contribute miniatures to the Legen event this summer.
Summed up, 4 out of 6 aint bad I’d say 🙂
But you know what, that’s not all I managed in 2018!
I finished up my Lion Cubs! Sadly that was the highlight with this team as their W-L ratio aint much to show off..but the games have been great with Sundays being gameday at the local pub. Very fun and social!
In addition I hosted the #bloodbowl28challenge which really produced some awesome miniatures with this one winning;
Great job Giuseppe!
Very fun imo to do some orks again and I hope to play with them in Titanicus as a minimum but in my new gaming club there`s a guy with an Epic Eldar army so here`s hoping for some Armageddon too 🙂
Speaking of Adeptus Titanicus..
Risi Vortapt is the second chapter in the Vortapt setting. Basically we are 4 friends getting one of the four chaos patreons by lottery and then theme our warbands around the given patreon. I got tzeentch 😀
Tzeentch is a big thing for me so with the release of the second season of Warhammer Underworld and with a tzeentch warband it was obvious that I’d buy and convert it in my style!
As part of the Amid the Murk project I managed to make a fallen Inquisitor with his retinue. Very pleased with these even if they’re not made for anything particular (setting/event/etc).
A childhood dream coming true when my warband for Tor Megiddo got featured in the Blanchitsu series in the august issue ❤️
It will be hard, if not impossible to top this in hobby terms.
Comics, books, gaming, TV-series
Last year I really started picking up reading books and comics again and it was great. I have kept that up as it is a super source for inspiration and just plain and simple fun 🙂
The big highlight here has been this though;
One thing is that the Nintendo Switch is a fantastic console in itself but this game is the first thing in 15+ years that’s had me gaming for more than 10 minutes straight! Imo one of the best games I`ve ever played!
What’s in store for 2019?
As normal I have a fair few things I want to work on next year, here’s what I can remember straight off the bat;
- Risi Vortapt
- I still need to finish off my maniple. It`ll be a minimum of 3 warhounds and I am undecided if I`ll add a warlord and/or knight classes to my warband.
- The game is expected to be next year, but date and time is still undecided.
- Nestorian Infestation
- The next trilogy is in the planning stages. It`ll be a prequel to give a little teaser.
- Hammerhal will have to wait as Blackstone Fortress will be my main board game focus for 2019. You can expect the same level of conversions as on my Silver Tower set.
- Blood Bowl
- There will be at least one new season and a tournament hosted by my club so I`ll wrap up my new team in preparation for that as the Dwarfs are put on pause. They simply wheren`t my cup of tea.
- This is also a game that`s run on a weekly basis here so it is a definite that I`ll build and paint more warbands with my little spin on it!
- Fun fact, I found my cards and dice for my orruk warband which I originally thought I`d lost!
- Collecting toys
- Yeah I know, WTF is this right – lol!
- But growing up in the 80s,throwing away all of my stuff in the mid 90s, starting to watch youtube vids and listen to pods with re-visited toys I know it`ll happen. Not that I`ll be a super serious collector but more getting hold of pieces that holds a nostalgic value for me both due to the stuff I loved as a kid and as I don`t really see the big difference between that type of collecting compared to what I already collect today.
As a wrap up for 2018 I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone that follows my incoherent postings here – you rock!